“Just because we’re 77 and 74 doesn’t mean we don’t know how to stay active on vacation! The secret to our success is an annual event dubbed “Camp Grampy & Grammy.” Held at 20 Club Wyndham resorts since 2010, Camp Grampy & Grammy is how we have celebrated summer by energetically engaging with our two grandsons — across 22 states and Canada. It’s the perfect way to stay connected, stay young at heart, and make the most of our Club Wyndham ownership.
We live in Florida, but our grandsons live in Wisconsin, which means we don’t get to see them as often as we would like. After school is out in June, we travel with just the two of them, sharing the beauty and history of our county while moving from resort to resort. Each Club Wyndham resort is a unique experience, so every Camp has its own vibe. Read on as we take you on whirlwind tour of “Camping” in style.
- Club Wyndham National Harbor was our waterfront base for visiting Washington, D.C., and Club Wyndham Governor’s Green was a fine resort for touring historic Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Mount Vernon.
- Club Wyndham Great Smokies Lodge in Sevierville featured a superb water park and was conveniently located for visiting Dollywood, hiking at Great Smokies National Park, and riding the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad.
- Club Wyndham Nashville was close to many country-themed attractions and the Adventure Science Center.
- Club Wyndham Branson at the Falls and Club Wyndham Branson at the Meadows were fabulous for enjoying Branson’s Silver Dollar City amusement park, Titanic exhibit, and shows galore.
- Club Wyndham Galena was near a number of historic attractions, including Grant’s home and tomb.
- Club Wyndham Sedona, Club Wyndham Flagstaff, and Club Wyndham Pagosa were gateways to Red Rock Country, the Grand Canyon in Arizona, and the Air Force Academy in Colorado, respectively.
- Club Wyndham Ocean Ridge provided glimpses of historic Edisto Island and marine life.
- Club Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront was perfectly situated for visiting Chicago’s Miracle Mile.
- Carriage Hills Resort had relaxing on-site amenities while being near Toronto’s CN Tower.
- Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon was smack in the heart of the Waterpark Capital of the World.
- And who could forget the trips to Hawaii: Club Wyndham at Waikiki Beachwalk, Club Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, and Club Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff? Popular tourist sites such as Pearl Harbor and less-developed areas such as Kauai’s natural spots and the Big Island’s volcanoes were just a short drive away.
We documented their growth and each year’s travels thanks to Club Wyndham’s free Shutterfly book coupons. On the last day of Camp, we sit down with each grandson to select 25-30 pictures of their favorite places and activities and write captions in their own words. We make an extra Shutterfly book so we can keep these pleasant memories alive.
Our grandsons were 9 and 7 when we started Camp Grampy & Grammy and are now almost fully grown. Thank you, Club Wyndham, for actively fostering our relationship with our grandsons. The exclusive opportunities that developed each year have resulted in unique and priceless memories that will last a lifetime.”