As the novel coronavirus / COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, stay up to date on important information regarding impacted resorts. The quickest and easiest way to update your vacation plans is online. Vacation Planning Center hold times are longer than usual due to high demand and reservations scheduled to arrive within 72 hours are being prioritized. Read More.
COVID-19 TRAVEL UPDATES
Stay up to date on important information regarding impacted resorts. Read More.
BY JENNIFER ZAJAC
6 Resorts for Winter Sun Seekers
For many, winter means bundling up in puffy coats to battle freezing temps and sudden snow squalls. Throw in the lack of sunshine due to daylight savings and it’s enough to have anyone feeling a bit down. Thankfully, there’s a simple cure. Ditch the boots and break out your bikinis and board shorts, because you’re due for a dose of vitamin sea. These six resorts are the perfect travel destinations for some well-deserved winter sun.
1. Palm Springs, California While temperatures do dip after dark, Palm Springs enjoys average highs in the mid-70s during the winter months. For this reason, winter might just be the best time to visit. Sun seekers in search of a relaxing, downtown resort should head to WorldMark Palm Springs. Both a peaceful oasis and a central home base, the resort is minutes away from the hub of stylish boutiques and buzzy restaurants along Palm Canyon Drive. For a more adventurous outing, it’s easy to explore the nearby Coachella Valley by hiking or horseback.
2. St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands Picture yourself on a private beach, palm trees gently swaying, with an ice-cold cocktail in hand. Say, “so long” to your winter woes and head to the U.S. Virgin Islands, where Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham - St. Thomas awaits. This retreat is tucked within a sheltered cove ideal for snorkeling. In case you decide to venture away from the resort’s secluded beach, St. Thomas offers all sorts of activities from water sports to diving shipwrecks.
3. Kailua-Kona, Hawaii There’s a reason your favorite ’90s sitcom always had a “Hawaii episode.” The state’s islands enjoy year-round warmth and sunshine, making it an easy choice for winter sun. The Big Island beckons outdoor enthusiasts with waterfalls, volcanoes and black-sand beaches to explore. Club Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort offers an inviting escape close to the shops, restaurants and nightlife in the Kona district. For those seeking something more adventurous, drive over to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
4. Isla Mujeres, Mexico Just off the coast from Cancun, this small, serene island offers a welcome respite from the winter chill. Watch the boats sail through the central marina from your room at WorldMark Isla Mujeres. From here, the island’s best restaurants, sights, and activities are all a short walk away. Head north to swim and sunbathe at picturesque Playa Norte beach, or venture south to Garrafon Park for adrenaline-pumping adventures like zip lining and snorkeling.
5. San José del Cabo, Mexico Perched at the very tip of Baja California, San José del Cabo is the ultimate winter sun destination. Settle in to WorldMark Coral Baja, then take in all that Cabo has to offer. Fill up on Baja fish tacos, sample mezcal, practice your golf swing, or simply take it easy poolside. Mid-December to mid-April is also prime whale watching season, so the odds are in your favor to spot a variety of humpback, gray, or blue whales on your winter getaway.
6. Clearwater Beach, Florida Every winter, snowbirds flock to Florida to get their sunshine fix. On the Gulf Coast, Club Wyndham Clearwater Beach is located squarely at the center of everything. Go from your bedroom to the beach in minutes, greeted by the powder-soft sand beneath your toes. Enjoy a warm welcome at any of the friendly neighborhood eateries — the most popular spots are nearby, right next to Clearwater’s iconic Pier 60.
The Internet Explorer web browser is no longer supported by Club Wyndham. Please upgrade your browser.
This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are
used to improve your website experience and provide more
personalized services to you, both on this website and through
other media. You can manage your cookies through the privacy